Ok…since my last three posts were rather serious, it’s time to lighten things up a bit. I thought it would be fun to list my
TOP 10 OFFICE SUPPLIES!
(Because face it, don’t we ALL love school supplies?)
10. Nice, Supportive Desk Chair– (since we define school supplies as items purchased at office supply stores) With all the time we spend at home working, this essential item protects our backs and butts from work-related injury.
9. Bordered Paper– These always make those meeting agendas and Open House flyers look much more enticing.
8. Page Protectors– I am not sure if this is the official name for these, but I bet you know what I ‘m talking about. Since I haven’t totally mastered the computer files yet, these house those precious originals, to be modified and used next year.
7. Just the Right Legal Pad– I found these several years, but my favorites are no longer available. What made them so special was that one half was graph paper and the other half was blank for planning. There’s just something about graph paper that makes me feel smart.
6. Post-It Notes– Need I say more? Book tabs, copying directions, Glow and Grows, revision changes: to-do lists, brightly-colored or pale yellow, lined or blank, rectangle, square, or circle. We whip these necessities out without thinking about what we would do without them.
5. Colored Note Cards– The BIG ones- Now that I’m getting old, these get me through speeches and staff presentations. They allow me to use BIG FONTS and still include lots of information.
4. Sentence Strips– An English teacher’s dream. Whether used for foldables or thesis statement tweets, they’re always a go-to for creative, engaging activities.
3. Giant Post- It Notes– I mean as big as your head! A recent addiction, these are perfect for project planning. And they also serve as wallpaper, so I can see what’s going on with all my moving pieces.
2. Colored Felt-Tip Pens– Sharpie, PaperMate- whatever your brand of choice, these tools of the trade just make work more fun. Granted, I often can’t find a use for the yellows or pea green, but the other shades are up for grabs,depending on my mood and project. A simple red or black just won’t do.
1. The simplest, yet one I have used the longest- the Mechanical Pencil- Whether it’s .5 or .7 lead, this indispensible writing instrument makes life so much easier. No longer do I have to hunt down a sharpener, battling it for the pencil lead’s point. Just a click…and immediate satisfaction.