I’ve tried not to talk too much about our upcoming trip to NYC because I know I’ll want to write about it once we get there. But since packing for it has been on my mind all week, I decided to let you in on what I am thinking.
- What will the weather be? I’ve had The Weather Channel app up for a week now, trying to determine the degree of cold to expect. The good news is that we won’t be there with freezing snow and ice that shut the city down a year ago at this time. Now it’s just a matter of figuring out how much coat I will need and finding layers to include.
- What about my shoes? I know we will be walking tons, so I am worried that I will not have flats that will keep my tootsies comfortable. Of course, this choice also depends on my clothing choice, so back to square one.
- How do I plan dressy enough for the three shows we are seeing without having to go back to the hotel in between sight-seeing and the performances. I know these theaters are more casual than I am used to, but just how casual?
- Should I throw in a hat and gloves? I am so bad about losing those types of accessories.
- I never want to be without something to read, but am I really going to need to lug a book or my Kindle along? Should I just focus on enjoying every minute of what’s around me and not worry about what I will read?
- Do I have all my tickets available? I made so many of these plans months ago. Hopefully, I can access them quickly before the end of the week. I keep saying I’ll do it today, and yet I haven’t. I need to make sure everything is in order.
- One thing I have already packed is my excitement about sharing one of my favorite places with my daughter. She graduates from college in May and has never been to this glorious city. I can hardly wait to share my favorites with her!